Spray Applied Concrete - Shotcrete Solutions
Spray Applied Concrete (sometimes referred to as Shotcrete) is concrete pneumatically projected onto a surface at high velocity. It is typically blown through a hand-held nozzle, after all the ingredients are mixed to project specifications. CEMEX has a unique design process for spray applied concrete using a silo solution that minimises rebound and is compliant to the industry specifications.
CEMEX Sprayed concrete is designed by blending separately controlled aggregate sources to produce a product with an ideal grading curve to minimize rebound. All the raw materials are delivered into a batch weighed process complete with Cement (CEM I), microsilica, steel fibres and special admixtures – the result is a very high grade lining concrete.
- DSM for spray applied concrete / shotcrete - all materials including admixtures and steel fibres contained in the silo
- Giga mixer units are provided as part of the solution suitable for mix with outputs of up to 10.0 m3 per hour.
- Remote silo monitoring of materials linked to customer PC by web based application
- ISOVEYOR container logistic solution for road & rail from manufacturing plant in Derbyshire. Logistics in East London for deliveries of final product
- Expert Support - Technical support by CEMEX and NORMET to help and advise the best use of sprayed concrete for your construction projects.
Sprayed concrete can be used in a variety of applications, including tunnelling projects - primary & secondary linings and for regulating layers. It can also be used for embankment stabilisation, pile facing, concrete Repairs – including bridges, walls & structures, flood structures, Freeform Structures such as skate parks & pools and more.
Supporting Your Projects
CEMEX will provide you access to our highly experienced technical team who will be able to create bespoke mixes for all your readymix concrete needs. Our technical team has a vast experience of producing unique mixes for individual jobs, and can facilitate issues such as corrosive ground conditions, extreme weather conditions and high strength requirements. CEMEX will work to your specification, or if requested provide suggestions to ensure that we meet the specific needs of your project.