- Colour Enhancing Properties - will enhance colour when used with pigments
- Reduces Pigment Costs - Due to the colour enhancing properties of Rugby White Cement
- More vivid colours can be achieved compared to using grey cements
- Rapid strength gain, ideal for use where early stripping times are required
- Our cement is Chromium (VI) Compliant - which is intended to reduce the risk of allergic contact dermatitis
Colour-forming materials (principally oxides of iron) are excluded or minimised in the manufacturing process in order to produce a white cement.
White or light coloured finishes may be obtained with selected aggregates or sands and the cement also provides an excellent basis for the use of pigments to produce coloured mortars and concretes.
Rugby White Cement can be used to enhance a variety of applications, including:
- Light coloured mortars & concretes
- Architectural and decorative applications where enhanced aesthetic is required
Delivery & Storage
Delivered by road in a curtain-sided vehicle, the standard load size is 28 - 30 tonnes. All CEMEX drivers are fully trained and experienced in the safe delivery and unloading of our vehicles, but please do all you can to ensure your site is accessible with no obstructions.
Rugby® White is available in paper sacks delivered as shrink-hooded, 1.5 tonne modules on non-chargeable pallets, or in smaller quantities as required. Rugby® White should be stored off the ground, in clean, dry conditions and covered with a plastic sheet. Bags should be used in strict rotation to minimise risk of air setting due to excessive storage times.
Health & Safety
Contact with wet cement, wet concrete or mortar may cause irritation, dermatitis or severe alkali burns. Contact between cement powder and body fluids (eg sweat and eye fluids) may also cause irritation, dermatitis or burns. There is serious risk of damage to the eyes. Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection.
In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice. After contact with skin, wash immediately with plenty of clean water. Keep out of reach of children. Contains chromium (VI), may cause allergic reaction, the risk of which is increased if the cement is used beyond the declared storage period shown on bags and despatch documents.