Rugby Post Mix Concrete
Concrete Mix for Fence Posts, Gates & More
Rugby® Post Mix is the ideal time and effort saving solution for domestic applications such as fixing fence posts or rotary washing lines, as no mixing with water is required before placing.
Post Mix is an equally time saving ideal alternative to mixing concrete for more commercial applications including fixing road signs and street lamps. Rugby Post Mix offers exceptional quality, convenience and reliability, ensuring the right result every time.
Storage Conditions and Soluble Chromium (VI)
This product must be stored in unopened bags clear of the ground in cool, dry conditions and protected from excessive draught. If stored correctly and used within NINE months of the date shown on the front of the packaging, the activity of the reducing agent* will be maintained and this product will contain, when mixed with clean water, no more than 0.0002% (2ppm) soluble Chromium (VI) of the total dry weight of the cement.
Use of this product after the end of the declared storage period may increase risk of an allergic reaction.
*Added to control the level of soluble Chromium (VI)
Health and safety
Wet Concrete: Avoid skin and eye contact. The risks of dermatitis and burns are increased if the material is allowed to continue rubbing against the skin (e.g. inside boots, in gloves or through saturated clothing). Do not kneel or sit on the wet materials without the correct personal protective clothing.
Bagged dry-mix concrete: When handling bags take care when lifting. Due regard should be paid to the risks outlined in the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992.
Some bags may have a small amount of cement on the outer surface. Appropriate personal protective clothing should therefore be used whilst handling.
Personal Protective Equipment
Hand and Skin Protection: Protective clothing should be worn which ensures that concrete does not come into contact with the skin.
Wear waterproof gloves, waterproof trousers and boots, also knee pads if kneeling down to finish a surface. Should wet concrete, mortar or screed get inside boots, gloves or other protective clothing then this protective clothing should be immediately removed and the skin thoroughly washed as well as the protective clothing/footwear.
Eye Protection: Dust-proof goggles (HSE approved standard) should be worn whenever there is a risk of cement powder or any cement/water mixture entering the eye. Suitable protection is advisable where there is a risk of material splashing.
A complete COSHH Health & Safety Datasheet for Concrete, Mortar and Screed is available to download from our website www.cemex.co.uk/health&safety
Mixing & Usage Guide
- Do not use when air temperature is below +5ºC or when or when ground is frozen.
- Do not mix this product with any other cement, cement admixture or similar products.
- Do not move the post for at least 10 minutes until after the product has set.
For your comfort and convenience wear gloves to avoid any material contacting the skin.
1. Dig a hole of sufficient depth for the post – As a useful guide a 2.4m post should have 0.6m below and 1.8m above ground level. Avoid digging the hole in an ever widening neck. The hole should be at least a spade width on each side.
2. Place the post in the hole and fix in position with old bricks or stones. Check for alignment with a spirit level. Stake the post with supporting battens, leaving your hands free for the rest of the job. Do not fix the battens too well with nails as these are only temporary until the post is secure.
3. Empty half the contents of the bag into the hole around the base of the post. Pour clean water onto the Post Mix, preferably using a watering can fitted with a rose. The best results are obtained when the water is poured on the area directly surrounding the post. Stop pouring when the water ceases to soak away.
4. Now empty the remaining contents of the bag into the hole and again, pour clean water onto the Post Mix until the water ceases to soak away.
5. After setting (approximately 10-15 mins dependent on ambient temperature), leave the batten supports in place. Ideally allow a further hour before removing battens or attempting to fix anything to the post as any movement may weaken the concrete.
NOTE: Ensure all tools and equipment are cleaned thoroughly with water prior to the material setting.
CEMEX UK Cement Ltd cannot accept responsibility for unsatisfactory concrete where workmanship has not been carried out in accordance with good practice.
- As a useful guide a 2.4m post should have 0.6m below and 1.8m above ground level.
- Rather than manhandle a fence panel to measure the space out between posts, use a strip of wood cut to the same length as the panel.
- No pre-mixing with water is required.
- Setting is normally in 10-15 minutes but may be longer in cold weather.
Get in Touch
For more information about our product range - get in touch and we will be happy to talk through the products and services we can offer.
About CEMEX Cement Range
CEMEX’s range of bagged cement offers a cost effective, high performance solution for your building and construction projects.