Rapid hardening concrete
- Rapid construction
- Strip formwork within 6 hours*
- Up to 40N strength in just 24 hours
- Easy to compact and finish
In an ever more demanding and extremely competitive environment, with tight deadlines and even tighter margins, speed and efficiency which save time are critical. Promptis, from CEMEX, is a new rapid hardening concrete solution that can help save valuable hours.
Promptis has similar characteristics to conventional concrete but it can reach accelerated early strength after just four hours and still maintains initial flow properties and workability for up to 120 minutes. Formwork can be stripped after only six hours (subject to mix design and guidance), saving time and money. It is an ideal solution for projects such as road and rail renovation, where the use of Promptis could help minimise traffic restrictions.
The properties of Promptis are the result of a carefully selected combination of specialist admixtures combined with expert mix design.
Promptis has been launched globally rather than just nationally, as it produces consistent results using a broad variety of cements, available in different countries. In addition there is global market demand, with Promptis suitable for use in both readymix and precast applications.
*subject to mix design
Promptis is a product for a broad range of specific applications where early strength is required:
- Fast demolding – in buildings: columns, walls, beams, slabs, panels – in civil engineering: high walls, tunnels, roads
- Easy handling – in precast facilities: beams, panels, specifi c elements
- Renovation and repair – an ideal solution where there is limited time to carry out renovation or repair of structures, slabs or pavements in a wide variety of applications
CEMEX will provide you access to our highly experienced technical team who will be able to create bespoke mixes for all your readymix concrete needs. Our technical team has a vast experience of producing unique mixes for individual jobs, and can facilitate issues such as corrosive ground conditions, extreme weather conditions and high strength requirements. CEMEX will work to your specification, or if requested provide suggestions to ensure that we meet the specific needs of your project.