Gilfach Quarry Eastern Extension – Pre-application Consultation
CEMEX is preparing planning applications to Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council to extend Gilfach Quarry, located near Neath in south Wales.
The planning applications will seek permission for the following Proposal;
- ‘Proposed Eastern Extension’ (Phase 1b) - An extension to mineral extraction operations. The Proposed Eastern Extension Area would be worked in accordance with the proposed working scheme, contained within Figures 2-7 to 2-13.
- An amendment to the approved quarry working and restoration scheme to incorporate the Proposed Eastern Extension, as detailed within Figure 2-14.
- A time extension, of an additional 5 years, to the duration of the planning consent to extraction minerals from Gilfach Quarry.
A single Planning Statement and Environmental Statement has been produced to support the interlinked planning applications. A copy of the individual planning application forms, Planning Statement and Environmental Statement are available to view below;
- Planning Form – Proposed Eastern Extension
- Planning Form – Variation to Condition attached to Permission P2010/0655
- Planning Form – Variation to Condition attached to Permission P2010/0658
- Planning Statement
- Environmental Statement – Volume 1 – Written Statement
- Environmental Statement – Volume 2 – Figures
- Environmental Statement – Volume 3 – Appendices
- Environmental Statement – Volume 4 – Non-Technical Summary
In accordance with the Planning (Wales) Act 2015, CEMEX is undertaking a pre-application consultation exercise with regards to the Proposal over a 28-day period.
CEMEX is inviting comments on the proposals and the content of the planning applications prior to making the applications to Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council.
Comments should be sent by email or post to the following addresses;
2 Kilmartin Place