Dry Silo Mortars from CEMEX
The dedicated CEMEX dry silo team can support with silo placement and specification. There is no need for mixing areas on site as all the material is contained in the silo. The guaranteed colour, consistency and controlled workability are backed up by CEMEX’S excellent training and support. All our operatives are fully trained, including health and safety advice, meaning that site personnel have complete control over the consistency and workability of every batch.
Dry silo mortar combines all the benefits of factory produced mortar, such as consistent quality and colour, with technology to provide a convenient, highly efficient solution to your mortar requirements. Available in different strengths and colour options, all fully supported by the CEMEX team, dry silo mortar meets your needs.
The table below relates the mix designations, given in the withdrawn BS 4721, to the European description equivalent.
|Old Mortar Designation||New Designation||Nominal Proportions by Volume||CompressiveStrength 28 Days|
|BS 5628||BS EN998-2||Cement:Sand||
|not less than N/mm2|
- Flexible Usage - can be used for a variety of applications
- Guaranteed Strength
- Guaranteed Cement Control
- Consistent Colour
- Cost Effective
- Environmentally Friendly
- Perfect for Building Masonry Projects
- Ideal for Bedding Roof Tiles
- Well Suited for Pointing & Patch Repairs
- Small Builds & DIY Projects
CEMEX Dry Silo Mortar systems have a number of advantages over traditional site mixed mortar.
- Guaranteed strength - produced using high quality materials to offer a consistent strength and workability
- Guaranteed cement content to help ensure durability
- Controlled air content
- Consistent colour - to ensure that our dry silo mortar offers a consistent look and feel
- Increased site productivity
Where a coloured mortar is specified the control and accuracy of the pigment addition and mixing process ensures consistent dispersion throughout the mix. CEMEX Dry Silo Mortar is available in a wide range of colours to meet specific design requirements.
Find out more about the range of coloured mortar we can offer.
The dry silo mortar system is manufactured under a 3rd party accredited factory production control system, using the latest technology to provide you with a convenient mortar batching facility, with the following benefits:
- Guaranteed colour and consistency • Clean and efficient production with reduced wastage and increased productivity.
- Reduces manual handling and the risk of injury in production, for improved health and safety.
Durability and resistance
CEMEX Dry Silo Mortar is also extremely durable due to the controlled method of manufacture and the type and quality of the constituent materials used. The entrainment of controlled amounts of air makes the mortar less susceptible to frost attack. The admixture used is chloride-free and therefore not aggressive towards embedded metallic objects. Factory produced mortars exhibit superior resistance to rain penetration and therefore make a significant contribution to the durability of masonry.
CEMEX Dry Silo Mortar when blended with water offers excellent workability without an excessive air content, the inclusion of which can weaken the bond and flexural strength.