You will be responsible for the day to day running of an Aggregates Wharf operation, which involves:
- Complying with all company and statutory Health, Safety and Environmental polices and regulations, promoting best practice with the site team in all aspects of the operation.
- Ensuring a high level of plant availability
- Managing compliance with ISO 9002 for product quality and conformity
- Managing, planning and implementing preventative and unplanned maintenance to support an efficient operation on the site.
- Control costs to budgetary requirement and identify and implement cost control measures.
- Plan and implement production levels, to ensure required stock levels are maintained for the relevant sales forecasts.
- Management of a site team (between 8 to 10, including contractors and a night shift team) in all aspects of people management, whilst motivating employees in order to provide a healthy and competent work environment.
- Drive for continuous improvement within all areas of responsibility through a fully engaged workforce.
In addition to the above, we are looking to develop the site into a full recycling operation which you will be responsible for leading and developing.
- Demonstrable man management experience ideally in a Sand and Gravel operation (Qualifications, such as IOSH, NEBOSH and DAPS are preferred, although a willingness to achieve will be considered)
- Demonstrable experience in managing a Re-cycling and crushing operation would be an advantage.
- Experienced in the maintenance of fixed and mobile plant.
- Competent user of IT systems with excellent organisational skills.
- SHE NVQ Level 4 is desirable although working towards this qualification would be acceptable.