Declared performance and CE marking
CEMEX cements conforming to the harmonised European standard, BS EN 197-1, are subject to rigorous third party certification procedures by an EU Notified Body, in accordance with assessment and verification of constancy of performance (AVCP) system 1+.
Declarations of Performance in respect of essential characteristics, are available from our UK website.
The CE marking is affixed to packaging and/or despatch documents as required by the Construction Products Regulation.
Certification scheme features
- Independent confirmation that products comply fully with technical specification.
- Independent audit testing of products by UKAS accredited laboratories.
- Independent evaluation of test data and appraisal of factory production control.
- Traceability of cement deliveries to the manufacturing works.
- Most rigorous AVCP system (1+) specified in the Construction Products Regulation
Routine test data including fineness, setting time, soundness, alkali and chloride levels and BS EN 196-1 mortar prism strengths are available in the form of weekly Cement Test Reports. Other test data including chemical analyses are also available on request.
Data on principal products are also available electronically. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0800 353 433 for further details and registration.
Delivery and Storage
Delivered in pressurised bulk powder tankers by road, the standard load size is 28 - 30 tonnes. Silo identity disks can be provided for individual products by calling Customer Services on 0800 353433.
Make sure you’re ready to receive and store your bulk material by viewing the checklist
All CEMEX drivers are fully trained and experienced in the discharging of our vehicles, please do all you can to ensure your site is accessible with no obstructions. If you are in any doubt, we can send an engineer to advise you - just ask.
To avoid premature deterioration of the reducing agent incorporated in the cement for control of soluble chromium (VI), storage should be in accordance with our recommendations given on despatch documents.
Health and Safety
- Contact with wet cement, wet concrete or mortar may cause irritation, dermatitis or severe alkali burns.
- Contact between cement powder and body fluids (e.g. sweat and eye fluids) may also cause irritation, dermatitis or burns.
- There is serious risk of damage to the eyes.
- Wear suitable waterproof protective clothing, gloves and eye / face protection.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice.
- After contact with skin, wash immediately with plenty of clean water.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Contains chromium (VI), may cause allergic reaction, the risk of which is increased if the cement is used beyond the declared storage period shown on despatch documents.