CEMEX announced today that Vertua, its net-zero and low-carbon ready-mix concrete, is being accepted by customers worldwide. Vertua concrete is part of CEMEX´s family of net-zero and low carbon products, which also includes cement and aggregates.
For housing projects, office buildings, schools, and warehouses, customers in different countries chose Vertua to achieve industry-low emissions without sacrificing quality or performance. Vertua was used in the following projects:
• In France, CEMEX delivered concrete for La Marseillaise, a new skyscraper in the city of Marseille. Designed by renowned architect Jean Nouvel, it is located at the heart of the Euroméditerranée site, the biggest urban renovation project in Southern Europe.
• In Colombia, CEMEX supplied Vertua concrete to the Edificio 978, a mixed-use building and the most recent addition to the Bogota skyline.
• In Gard, France, local authorities will welcome 720 secondary school students into a new modern and sustainable building in 2022, thanks to Vertua.
• In Germany, CEMEX supplied Vertua concrete to an apartment building in Geisenhausen, Bavaria.
• In Mexico, general contractor Construcciones MS built an industrial warehouse for fertilizers totally with Vertua. This facility is located in Manzanillo, the busiest port in the country.
• CEMEX provided Vertua low carbon concrete for a new office development in the Climate Innovation District in Leeds in the UK.
• Also, in the UK, Vertua was selected by A J Morrisroe for the Berkeley Group’s landmark 250 City Road development. Located in Islington, 250 City Road will be a 36-storey mixed-use tower designed by world renowned architects, Foster + Partners.
CEMEX initially launched the Vertua low CO2 products in France in 2018. Following its success, it is being introduced globally and the company continues the rollout of Vertua during 2021.
Vertua ready-mix concrete is possible thanks to innovative breakthroughs lead by CEMEX’s R&D center in Switzerland and is a crucial part of CEMEX’s ambition to achieve carbon neutrality as part of its Future in Action program
Notes to Editors:
CEMEX is a global construction materials company that is building a better future through sustainable products and solutions. CEMEX is committed to achieving carbon neutrality through relentless innovation and industry-leading research and development. CEMEX is at the forefront of the circular economy in the construction value chain, and is pioneering ways to increase the use of waste and residues as alternative raw materials and fuels in its operations with the use of new technologies.
CEMEX offers cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates, and urbanization solutions in growing markets around the world, powered by a multinational workforce focused on providing a superior customer experience, enabled by digital technologies.
For media enquiries please contact Sarah Murphy; 07557 319972 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org