The CEMEX-Tec Award is an annual recognition of entrepreneurs and students that develop high-impact proposals and projects around sustainable development, innovation and social entrepreneurship.
The award, coordinated by CEMEX-Tecnologico de Monterrey Center for Sustainable Development, welcomes projects from all over the world. It offers winners funding, specialised workshops and networking opportunities.
The CEMEX-Tec Award features four categories with global scope, two of which are new for 2019: Transforming Communities, aimed at undergraduate and graduate students with proposals for the sustainable transformation of a community; Social Entrepreneurs, aimed at entrepreneurs with projects that solve social problems and encourage systemic change, with the potential of becoming a social business; Communitarian Entrepreneurship, aimed at organisations, foundations, cooperatives or civil associations with productive projects of social transformation; and Collaborative Action, aimed at organisations with social impact projects implemented through multisectoral partnerships.
In order to participate, teams should sign up and upload their projects to the CEMEX-Tec Center website (www.cdcs.com.mx), indicating the appropriate category for their proposals. The deadline to submit projects is Friday 31st May 2019.
To date, the CEMEX-Tec Award has received projects from more than 5,300 people, which translates as 2,272 projects from 32 countries. 55 of the winning projects were from Mexico, and 44 from around the world. In total, the projects have beneficiated more than 22,500 people.
For more information regarding the CEMEX-Tec Award and its registration process:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: /PremioCEMEXTEC
- Telephone: +52 (81) 8358 2000 ext. 5225
Notes to Editors:
- CEMEX is a global manufacturer of building materials and the biggest Mexican investor in the UK, with 3,000 people employed across 450 sites nationwide. In this country, we are a leading provider of aggregates, cement, ready-mixed concrete and rail sleepers with annual sales of around £1 billion.
- More news stories can be found on Twitter @CEMEX_UK and on our website www.cemex.co.uk
For further CEMEX details please contact Sarah Murphy; email: email@example.com m. 07557 319972