CEMEX UK has been shortlisted in this year’s Construction News Specialists Awards for the Health & Safety Excellence category.
CEMEX's Vision is to 'be the best' for its 5 key stakeholders, families; employees, customers; communities and shareholders. The CEMEX health and safety approach is about being the best for its families and that means putting H&S before EVERYTHING including cost, production and even customers.
CEMEX has demonstrated unwavering dedication to H&S improvement, but in 2013, increased the focus on 'interdependence' or getting people living the culture of looking out for each other. Achieving this transformation required an innovative approaches designed to have an impact on ATTITUDES and BEHAVIOURS.
CEMEX has also been leading the industry in improving cyclist safety and invested in vehicle safety measures, driving training and awareness events to educate cyclists about the blind areas around large goods vehicles. Over 5000 cyclists have now sat in a CEMEX vehicle cab to learn about the road from the drivers perspective.
CEMEX continues to lead and in 2013 hosted a round table with key stakeholders to share key scientific research undertaken in-conjunction with Loughborough University into vehicles’ blind areas and highlight safety measures used on the company’s fleet.
CEMEX clearly live these values and this is reflected in achieving 14 RoSPA awards in 2013 alone! The ultimate outcome of CEMEX initiatives has led to an outstanding performance in H&S, achieving a sector BEST result EVER!
The Construction News Specialists Awards recognise and celebrate the very best specialist contractors in the UK, highlighting their outstanding work across 16 categories covering the whole range of the industry.
Now in its 10th year, the Construction News Specialists Awards has exceeded expectations, with a record number of entries for 2014. The quality of inspirational work being produced by UK specialist contractors and submitted for the awards was once again outstanding, proving that excellent work is being carried out across the whole industry.
All shortlisted companies present face to face to our judging panel of over 50 major contractors, clients and industry leaders, proving that they really are the best in the industry!
The year’s awards take place on Wednesday 19 March at the London Hilton, Park Lane.
For more information about the Construction News Specialists Awards visit www.cnspecialistsawards.com.
The Construction News Specialists Awards 2014 was organised by Construction News, part of Emap. For more information about Construction News see www.cnplus.com.
2014 Shortlist for the Health & Safety Excellence category
- AR Demolition
- Eurovia Group
- Lanes Group
- Morrison Utility Services
- For further information contact Elizabeth Young, email: Elizabeth.email@example.com telephone: 01932 58321401932 583214 or Tim Webb, RSPB London Communications Manager on 020 7808 1246020 7808 1246
- Helping to build a Greater Britain – CEMEX’s vision is to help build a greater Britain by providing solutions to construction problems through our innovative building materials, our expertise, our understanding of the construction issues and our people. We aim to create the best service and the best solutions for a better future.
- The RSPB is the UK’s largest nature conservation charity, inspiring everyone to give nature a home. Together with our partners, we protect threatened birds and wildlife so our towns, coast and countryside will teem with life once again. We play a leading role in BirdLife International, a worldwide partnership of nature conservation organisations www.rspb.org.uk
- CEMEX is a global building solutions company and leading supplier of cement, ready-mixed concrete and aggregates. In the UK, CEMEX also produces asphalt, and has a significant share of the concrete- paving and block sectors. Additionally, the company is the leading supplier of concrete sleepers to the rail industry and a supplier of PFA cement additives. CEMEX has a national supply network in the UK with over 360 locations, to ensure that quality building materials are available to customers locally. For more information, see www.CEMEX.co.uk, www.CEMEX.com