June 18, 2012
The CEMEX Building Award is a contest created and organized by CEMEX, which every year seeks to award the best of construction in Mexico and in different countries where the company operates.
The award started in Mexico, however, since 2004 an International Edition is also held where countries like Germany, Australia, Austria, Bosnian & Herzegovina, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Egypt, United Arab Emirates, Spain, United States of America, Philippines, France, Guatemala, Haiti, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Malaysia, Montenegro, Nicaragua, Panama, Poland, Puerto Rico, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic and Thailand have participated.
In Mexico there are 9 categories in which entries participate with an additional 4 special awards.
- Single family housing
- Low income housing
- Medium and high-end residential complex
- Educational and cultural building
- Public services and assistance
- Commercial and mixed use
- Industrial building development
- Congruence in accessibility
- Sustainable building
- Social impact
- Innovation in techniques and construction processes