Advanced - Reinforced Concrete
CEMEX Advanced Concretes are pioneering products that combine micro and macro-synthetic fibres to give a new level of performance in reinforcement.
CEMEX Advanced Flooring and CEMEX Advanced Paving are pioneering products incorporating a 3-Dimensional system of either macro-synthetic or steel fibre reinforcement that take concrete reinforcement to a new level of performance.
The introduction of deformed macro fibres into the concrete mix results in: increased toughness and ductility; increased impact and shatter resistance; reduced risk of cracking; improved surface durability and reduced long-term maintenance costs of the hardened concrete.
CEMEX Advanced Flooring Applications
- General Industrial Flooring
- Power Floated Flooring
- Garage Flooring
- Workshop Flooring
- Domestic Flooring
CEMEX Advanced Paving Applications
- External ground supported slabs (pavements, yards and hard standings)
- Roadways and pavements
- Farm yards and roadways
- Domestic driveways
More about Advanced Flooring
More about Advanced Paving
Use our wizard to help you find the recommended Advanced Flooring or Paving product for your application
Benefits of using fibre reinforced concrete slabs:
- Concrete and reinforcement is placed in one operation
- Concrete is supplied with the exact amount of reinforcement that is required (no wastage)
- Can show an overall cost saving per square metre compared to concrete placed with traditional steel mesh reinforcement
- Reduces the need to store, cut, place and fix steel reinforcing mesh on site
- Provides resistance to cracking and improves impact and abrasion qualities
Fibre reinforcement versus Mesh reinforcement
Fibre reinforcement is distributed
evenly throughout the concrete mix
Steel reinforcement requires exact positioning to be effective
CEMEX will provide you access to our highly experienced technical team who will be able to create bespoke mixes for all your
readymix concrete needs. Our technical team has a vast experience of producing unique mixes for individual jobs, and can
facilitate issues such as corrosive ground conditions, extreme weather conditions and high strength requirements. CEMEX
will work to your specification, or if requested provide suggestions to ensure that we meet the specific needs of your project.